Sunday 4 April 2021

Easter Shielding.


 Easter morning and it’s good to think that the doors of St Paul’s will be open for worship.  I won’t be there.  I’m still on the shielding list and therefore restricted in where I can go and who I can see.  I recorded a service on Thursday, however, and I hope that will be a blessing to everyone who watches and listens.  


I have to admit here is some frustration that I am not able to gather with my Church family on this day of all days.  But I am reminded of the nature of Jesus’ revealing on Easter morning.  Not a Spielbergian climax but quiet, unobtrusive visitations to people He loved.  The Easter experience was personal and would become a daily reality for Jesus’ followers no matter their circumstances.  An experience that has rippled down the millennia of Christian history.


So rather than feel sorry for myself I am challenged to realise the Presence, to rededicate my life to His ways and to affirm the faith that no matter what the future brings I am ‘shielded’ by His love and power.