Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Easter!


This morning I said to the St Paul’s people that it doesn’t matter how we feel on Easter Day, Christ is risen and we can go forward in faith.  If I am honest I have to say that there have been Easter Days when I haven’t felt it too deeply but today I have experienced the touch of the Risen Lord.  
Three people were admitted to full membership of the Church, two of whom I baptised as babies, the other has recently come to the community and found a spiritual home with us.  
Other thoughts:
I have lost friends younger that I am now and so I am grateful for the years I have been given.  I have seen friends lose children so I am grateful that mine are still with me to enjoy.  I have seen friends lose their partners and that my wife and I have been granted all these years together is a very special blessing.  I have seen people die with no hope to cheer the grave and therefore to know that I have a Saviour who has made it possible for me to be with God forever is the greatest gift of all.   
To all of you who may have logged on, Happy Easter!